Corrosion Inhibitors & Polymeric coatings
Scientists of AAC division are carrying out research to develop new corrosion inhibitors and polymeric coatings to mitigate aqueous and atmospheric corrosion problem of metals and alloys. A number of technologies have been developed and transferred to industries. Some major ongoing and completed projects in this area are:
- Development and commercialization of anti-tarnishing lacquer for copper and brass
- Dip cleaners and tarnish removers for silver and gold
- Technology for production of corrosion resistant ammunition in association with Ordnance Factory, Varangaon
- Cyanide free process for electrolytic cleaning of mild steel watch components and leaching of gold from gold plated watch straps for TITAN Ltd.
- Development of Cr(VI) free conversion coating for corrosion protection of Aluminium alloys for aerospace application.