Areas of Expertise : Alloy design and development; Synthesis of nanostructured and amorphous materials through rapid solidification; Joining of metals (brazing); Magnetic NDE.
No. of Papers Published : 54
International : Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Materials Letters.
National : Metal news, Welding Journal.
No.of.Patents : 1. An Indian patent filed (No. 0651DEL2011) on “A Giant Magneto-Impedance(GMI) based magnetic sensing device for Non-Destructive Evaluation applications” by Partha Sarkar, Ashis Kumar Panda , Sital Kumar Pal , Rajat Kumar Roy , Amitava Mitra.
2. An Indian patent filed (No. 3051DEL2013) on “A process for preparation of Cu-based brazing alloys for joining steel components”, Rajat Kumar Roy, Ashis Kumar Panda, Amitava Mitra.
3. An Indian patent filed (2679MUM2015 dated 15-July-2015) on “An improved Giant Magneto-Impedance (GMI) based Sensing Device for the detection of carburisation in austenitic stainless steel”, A.K. Panda, R.K. Roy, T.K. Das, S. K. Das, A. Mitra.
4. An Indian patent filed (No. 2162DEL2015 dated 16-July-2015) on “Iron-Cobalt Based High Induction Soft Magnetic Amorphous Alloys”, R.K. Roy, A.K. Panda, A.K. Singh, B. Mahato and A. Mitra
5. An Indian patent filed (2934DEL2015 dated 17-Sept-2015) on “An Improved Giant Magnetoimpedance Sensor Device for Structural Integrity Assessment of Engineering Components”, T. K. Das, S. K. Mandal, A. K. Panda, R. K. Roy, A. Mitra
6. An Indian patent filed (TEMP/E-1/38381/2017-KOL dated 24-10-2017) “Glassy Pig Iron Material and a Process Thereof”, Premkumar M., R. K. Roy, A.K. Panda, Atanu Banerjee, Monojit Dutta, Pavankumar Bijalwan.
Awards and Recognitions : 1. Awarded BOYSCAST Fellowship by DST, Government of India for the year 2009-2010, for doing research in Material Science and Engineering Department, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA.