Areas of Expertise : Transmission electron Microscopy, Structure-property correlation of Alloys, Failure Investigation of Engineering Components, Joining of Materials
No. of Papers Published : Int J. 111
International : 2020
1. R. Govinda Rao, M. Ghosh, R. I. Ganguly, S. C. Bose, K. L. Sahoo: Mechanical properties and age hardening response of Al6061 alloy based composites reinforced with flyash, 2020, Mats. Sci. Engg. A, Vol. 772, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2019.138823
2. Sk Md Hasan, Mainak Ghosh, Debalay Chakrabarti, Shiv Brat Singh: Development of continuously cooled low-carbon, low-alloy, high strength carbide-free bainitic rail steel, 2020, Mats. Sci. Engg. A, Vol. 771, DoI: 10.1016/j.msea.2019.138590.
1. A. Ghosh, M. Sahu, P.K. Singh, S. Kumar, M.Ghosh, S. Palit Sagar: Assessment of Mechanical Property for Dissimilar Metal Welds: A Non-destructive Approach, 2019, J. of Mats. Engg. & Performance, Vol.28, pp. 900-907, DoI:10.1007/s11665-019-3867-3.
2. A. Bhattacharya, A. Karmakar, A. Karani, M. Ghosh, and D. Chakrabarti: Processing of Ultrafine-Grained Steels by Warm Rolling and Annealing, 2019, J. of Mats. Engg. & Performance, Vol.28, Issue 2, pp. 753-768,
3. Amritendu Roy, M. Ghosh, H. Gourkar, P. S. De: Microstructure, Indentation and first principles study of AlCuFeMn alloy, 2019, Materialia, Vol.5, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtla.2019.100206.
4. K. Ravikiran, G. Das, Suranjit Kumar, P. K. Singh, K. Sivaprasad and M. Ghosh: Evaluation of Microstructure at Interfaces of Welded Joint between Low Alloy Steel and Stainless Steel, 2019, Met. & Mats. Trans A,. Vol.50, Issue 6, pp. 2784-2797, DOI: 10.1007/s11661-019-05192-2.
5. R. Pradhan, Anish Karmakar, M. Ghosh, D. Chakrabarti and S. Mukherjee: Effect of thermomechanical processing on microstructural evolution in precipitation strengthened ferrite steel, 2019, accepted for publication in SN Applied Science, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-0674-2.
6. Biraj Kumar Sahoo, Snehashish Tripathy, M. Ghosh, S. K. Das and G. Das: Investigation of Premature Failure of a Coal-Fired Boiler Superheater Tube, 2019, J. of Failure Ana. & Prevention, Vol.19, No.3, pp.792-801, DOI 10.1007/s11668-019-00661-7
7. K. Ravikiran, G. Das, Suranjit Kumar, P. K. Singh, K. Sivaprasad and M. Ghosh: Narrow Gap Welding of Low Alloy and Austenitic Stainless Steels Using Different Inconel Alloys: Comparison of Microstructure and Properties, 2019, Mats. Research Express, Vol. 6. No. 9, pp.096518, https://dx.doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab2be2.
8. A. K. Chandan, S. Tripathy, M. Ghosh, S. G. Chowdhury: Evolution of Substructure of a Non-equiatomic FeMnCrCo High Entropy Alloy Deformed at Ambient Temperature, 2019, Met. & Mats. Trans A,.Vol. 50, No.11, pp. 5079-5090
9. K. Barat, G. Das, S. Bharathy and M. Ghosh: Compositional Optimization of A Commercially Produced Ferritic Steel Using Microstructural Heterogeneity and Mechanical Properties, 2019 Mats. Perform. And Characterization, Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 566-581.
1. N. Roy, A. Bhardwaj, A. Kujur, M. Ghosh, R. Singh, L. K. Meena, G. Das and I. Chattoraj: Effect of Heterogeneities on Pitting Potential of Line Pipe Steels: An Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Approach, April 2018, Corrosion Science, Vol.133, pp. 327-335, DoI; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corsci.2018.01.039.
2. A.K. Pramanick, H. Das, G. M. Reddy, M. Ghosh, S. Nandy and T. K. Pal: Effect of bainitic microstructure on ballistic performance of armour steel weld metal using high Ni developed coated electrode, J. Mats. Engg. & Performance, May 2018, pp. 2120-2123, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-018-3272-3.
3. Santosh R, G. Das, S. Kumar, P.K. Singh and M. Ghosh: Experimental and Computational Investigation of Structural Integrity of Dissimilar Metal Weld between Ferritic and Austenitic steel, June 2018, Met. & Mats. Trans A, Vol.49, Issue 6, pp. 2099-2112, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-018-4554-y.
4. K. Barat, M. Ghosh, S. Sivaprasad, Sujoy. Kr. Kar and S. Tarafder: High temperature low cycle fatigue behavior in Haynes 282: Influence of initial microstructures, 2018, Met. & Mats. Trans A, Vol.49, Issue 10, pp. 5211-5226.
5. S. Naseema, B. Gaurav, M. Ghosh, G. Das, V.C. Srivatsava, K. Srinivas Rao, and K. Gopala Krishna: TEM Analysis of Precipitates in a Low Alloy Wear Resistant Steel and Correlating with its Corrosion Behaviour, Adv. Mats., Research, 2018, Vol. 1148, pp 75-81, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1148.75.
6. M. M. Husain, M. Ghosh, R. Sarkar, T. K. Pal, and N. Prabhu: “Conventional and In-situ Tensile Test of Friction Stir Welded Steel: Optimization of Processing Parameters”, Materialwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnik (MaWe) / Materials Science and E
National : --
Awarded : --
Filed : --
Developed : --
Transferred : --
Equipment/Software Skills : Transmission Electron Microscopy.
Awards and Recognitions :
# First Prize, TEM Category of Metallographic context, NMD-ATM ’2006, 2010 and 2011 held at Jamshedpur, Bengaluru and Hyderabad respectively, organized by The Indian Institute of Metals
#Third Prize, Science & Technology of Materials Category (Poster), NMD-ATM’2012 at Jamshedpur, organized by The Indian Institute of Metals
# INDO_US Fellowship from INDO-US Science & Technology Forum, N. Delhi for carrying out advanced engineering research in 2009 for a year.